This Site is operated and maintained by the Canon Institute for Global Studies (the "Institute"). Please read the following terms and conditions before using the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions provided below.
The Institute may change the terms and conditions from time to time and will publish the latest version in this Site. We would like you to check and read the latest one.
The copyright of any text, photograph, image and other content provided on the Site belongs to the Institute. You are only allowed to reproduce, alter, distribute or otherwise use any information provided on the Site for your personal use or in the ways permitted under the Copyright Law or other relevant laws. Otherwise, you must obtain a prior written consent of the Institute.
When using the Site, you are not allowed to take any of the actions listed below:
- Any action that infringes or may possibly infringe on the right to property, privacy right or any other right of the Institute or of any third party;
- Any action that causes or may possibly cause any damage or inconvenience to the Institute or to any third party;
- Any action that constitutes or may possibly constitute an offense against public order and morality;
- Any criminal action or any other action that leads or may possibly lead to a criminal action;
- Any action making false notification or providing false information to the Institute, e.g. registering any other person's electronic mail address as your own address;
- Any action engaging in commercial activities or aiming to gain profit or any action in preparation therefor;
- Any action that damages the dignity or reputation of the Institute or of any third party;
- Any action using, offering, or possibly using or offering any computer virus or other harmful program;
- Any other action that violates or may possibly violate any relevant law, regulation or ordinance; or
- Any other action that the Institute deems inappropriate.
Links from the Site to Third-Party Websites
The websites linked from the Site are operated and maintained by the third parties and are not controlled by the Institute. The Institute assumes no responsibility or liability for any damage arising as a result of the use of any third-party website linked from the Site.
You are advised to use any third-party website linked from the Site at your own risk in accordance with the terms and conditions of such third-party website. Links to the third-party websites are provided solely for the convenience of users and do not imply that the Institute recommends or endorses such websites or any product or service contained in such website.
These links do not imply any alliance, partnership or other special relationship between the Institute and the third parties that operate and maintain the websites linked from the Site.
Links from Third-Party Websites to the Site
If you wish to provide a link from your website to the Site, you may do so under the following terms and conditions:
- The Institute assumes no responsibility or liability for any damage arising from your action to provide a link to the Site.
- The Institute does not guarantee that the information and the URL of the Site will be constantly maintained. They may also be changed from time to time without notice.
- You are not allowed to provide a link in such a manner as to make it unclear that the Site is operated by the Institute, e.g. displaying the Site's name in a frame.
- You may not use the logo of the Institute on your website without prior approval of the Institute.
- You are strictly prohibited from providing any link in such a manner as to infringe on the rights owned by the Institute or to interrupt the operations of the Institute.
- You are strictly prohibited from providing a link to the Site from any website that contains the following, nor are you allowed to provide a link to the Site in the electronic mail that contains the following:
- Any content that offends public order and morality;
- Any illegal content;
- Any obscene or pornographic content; or
- Any content that defames or impairs the reputation of the Institute or any person concerned with the Institute.
- The name of the Institute which shall be referred to in your website shall be described as "The Canon Institute for Global Studies."
- Any link to the Site does not establish any contractual relationship between you and the Institute or between the users of your website and the Institute.
- The Institute makes no warranties in connection with any link provided by you to the Site. The Institute assumes no responsibility, liability or obligation with respect to the users of your website.
- Any link to the Site does not imply that you or the users of your website are granted any right to text, image, sound or any other information provided on the Site.
- You are required to take an immediate action to comply with any request from the Institute to remove the link to the Site if you are found to violate any of the terms and conditions mentioned above.
The Institute may change or delete any content on the Site or the URL of the Site without notice. The Institute does not guarantee the accuracy and up-to-dateness of information provided on the Site. The Institute may suspend or discontinue the maintenance of the Site without notice. The Institute assumes no responsibility or liability for any damage arising as a result thereof.
The Institute shall assume no responsibility or liability for any damage as a result of the use of the Site or unavailability of any content on the Site.
The Institute may amend the site policy without notice. Please note that the post-amendment version of the site policy shall apply if any amendment is made.